Monday, July 4, 2011

...an affair

i have an affair.

I'm into photography.

Not picture taking, but photography.
Which means I don't like a picture of me but a picture of other things and others.

Now that I think about it, I realize that ever since before I have an "eye" .  When I was growing up, I look at things in a different view or angle.
I always thought that I was weird because if others see it as a bike. I see it as a wheel and the rider. Something like that.
But then again , way back then, I didn't know that  there is more to photography than posing and people smiling.

It was years ago , when I had enough money to buy my first DSLR, that I allowed myself to get into photography.
I had a thinking before that photography, as a hobby, is expensive.
Oh, those big cameras..lenses.. expensive events.. darn! i can't waste money.! hahahaha

Due to my human nature (yeah blame it on human nature) of vanity and ego, years ago  I bought my first DSLR.
I called him Dee (for D-slr)
It was nice.. cool! and really really interesting. I studied photography. it's concepts ,  looked at shots and went out of the field shooting.
Man! It was tiresome.. I thought hobbies are supposed to be not tiresome! hahahaha

And then, i learned my first lesson in photography.
It's not how expensive your camera is.

Surprisingly, I was not satisfied as I imagined I'd be. I  was heartbroken.
I sold my DLSR. broke up with photography for about 2 years.
But as true loves, I cant get it out of my mind..

So there  I was in search for a perfect camera.. and lo! it found it's way to me.
I got a bridge camera, and it's still with me now . I call him Lumi (for Lumix)

We've been happy together since then. hahahhaa..

I love taking shots. Not so much on smiling faces and poses. But i'm more of candid shots. Those unguarded moments and real stories.
Life stories. Interesting angles. 
I believe in that tag line "capture lifes moments"

Odd thing is , I don't like to edit my shots.. I dont even like to post it. I feel that it's my own personal thing.
But maybe, this is a lesson I have yet to learn in photography. posting your shots! hahahaha

i loooovveee photography! ( i said it again! told you, true loves! hahahahha)

When i have the camera on my hands.. I click away! click away! click away! hahaha
If its a picture of me and my friends.. I take the pictures and they upload it.

Wait.. I'm not totally selfish about my shots. I don't mind people's comments. I show it to them if they ask for it or if I want to tell a story.
Since this is my blog.. I'll indulge in showing some shots.. hahahhaa..

Thanks for taking a look at it! :) 






1 comment:

kristine c. said...

weeeeeeeeeee. congratulations on your new blog lay-out! hehe. uber like! :D

on topic: I'm a point and shoot photographer too. hehe. I suggest you put watermarks on your photos. para copyrighted daw.hahahah. ^^