Thursday, July 3, 2008

from the movie 1 Litre of Tears




I watched a Japanese movie this morning , to take a quick break from the routine, before I went to work.. The movie is nice and touching , it’s based from a true story of a girl having an incurable disease . I wont go into the details in the story, but there is a line there that is very striking:

“ ….it is not unlucky, it is just inconvenient.”

BAM! The meaning of the line hit me like a thousand books (hardbound encyclopedias) dropped in front of me. It was sooo a coincidence.. At this time that im thinking of a lot of things, like how is this , why is that…and here I go watching a move to take a break. And I hear this line that answers my questions.. BAM! (get what I mean?) *sigh*


It’s crazy, but its so true. Now that I think of it, im not even sure what really is the meaning of “unlucky”. Well , in the thesaurus language, it is the antonym of lucky.. Hahaha!
Really now ei?! How smart of me.. Ggrrrrrr.!

When things don’t go the way I expect it to ,I feel so out of tune. Unsure. You cant consider that “lucky” right.. It is “unlucky” of me… *sob* *sob*
NO. don’t get me wrong, im not complaining, and im not rejoicing too.. Im still happy and contented with what I have . Im counting my blessings (so they say) and so on…
But admittedly, when things go out of line or when situations take a detour, my mind starts thinking what went wrong.. How did things get so out of order. One thing leads to another. One thought leads to another and before I know it , id be feeling lost.. Again!
It is not my idea, or anyone’s idea of what luck is.. Nor is it convenient.
It is the exact opposite of those two ideas

But I was just hit by a reality this morning , that it isn’t true..

“ ….it is not unlucky, it is just inconvenient.”



No comments: