Saturday, July 12, 2008

...remembrance of what was..

a faint and low rumbling sound can be heard from the distance..
the sky lights up once in a while..
i think its gonna rain tonight..
i'm wishing,.... it will.

tonight, faint memories are back.. im not referring to "haunting " memories..
not the scary-type of memory.
hahaha! my past is not one out of a horror movie.
memories that i've carefully wrapped in a silk cloth, hidden beneath.
special memories,not wanting to remember it,
but with no desire to totally forget it.
somehow, it holds the remembrance of what was..

i dont allow myself to talk about my past.
i hate to admit it, but, yes, itbrings back emotions that ive tried to keep under.
what part in my past am i trying to "keep under"?
that part where i really and truly cared and when i understood what it is to be unconditional.
yes. it was my love story.
that story that i shared with another person,
that part where i loved another person.
shared my dreams and happiness with him..
shared my tears and laughterwith him..
shared those special moments with him..
everybody thinks that their story is extraordinary.
full of memories to share of tales of love and pain.of shared times.
i had a my share of that time..
those moments that simple joys,the pain and emotional turmoil, that two persons share.

my story, did not involve us being separated by great distances.
nor us being forced to separate by our families.
my story, had its share of laughter and of smiles.
of fights and of moments when anger was the only emotion left.
we had issues, him and me, that we had to overcome. we had a lot of tough times.
our christmases, our birthdays.
sharing just one meal, for we dont have enough money for another. walking home from school,holding hands.
talking about everything.
fighting over small to big things.
the dreams we had together..
the pictures we took, the letters we wrote, the promises we made.
inspite of all the heavy and not so good times that we share, i still have it in me.
for in both the good and the bad times, i know that we were both true to ourselves.

now, rain is beginning to pour.
just like the rumbling sound earlier, all of those times were just part of my memories.
i recall them in a vague way, not wanting to put a definite picture to it.
im leaving those times in the past.
the emotions ive learned and the memories, im bringing it with me, with a vague picture..

those times may have gone..
the one that i shared it with, is no longer with me.
things change..people change.i know im crazy.
but i know m my love hasn't.
it has passed through that time, and endured up to now,
i cant say what will happen then.
the future holds its own mystery..

just like this rain, it will continue to pour.
i dont know until when.
but for sure,
it will eventually find the sun....

No comments: