Tuesday, July 1, 2008

those lives lost in the tragedy..




After some time of not being able to read the newspaper, I was finally able to sit down and take time to read it just about 5 mins. ago while i was taking my break.. hmm.. well, whats in the news today? a lot.... the transport strike that we had yesterday.. there was also this article about the recent victory of "pacman" ..news about hollywood..stock prices..world news.. But what I really wanted to read is about the victims of the recent sea mishap.

I dont want to go into the details of this tragedy, nor do i want to join in the the argument of who is at fault with this tragedy. FACT is : this NOT an accident..it's a tragedy that could have been stopped /avoided/prevented IF the people in charge just took some responsibility in stopping it.
Sad to say that those "people in charge" did not have the balls to stop and say NO! to whoever was directed to man the ship. For obvious reason, that they dont wanna be blamed.. so so so so...

Well yeah, this event really got into me because my dad is also a marine engineer and my favorite childhood memories were those spent in the ship, our sea travels. That is why i've always loved the sea,i feel peaceful when i hear the smell and the sound of the sea and the waves.. Back then there were no definite rules about ship travel, way back then it was simply " if you are strong enough, go and face the sea" (hehehe). We were able to experience travelling when there was a storm.Up to now, i can still remember that memory, the sea, the waves, the ship, the feeling, and the FEAR.. one thing: the ship . no matter how big, how huge, how enormous the ship is, it is but a tiny DOT in the middle of the sea. nothing is strong enough to fight the wrath of a raging sea..

On the mainland, i grieve with those families who have lost their loved ones to this tragedy. There is a definite pain in having lost a loved one, but it is also an extreme pain and deep uncertainty as to where they are now, their physical bodies and whether or not they have survived the tragedy. Another memory from the past, the memory of me and my mom staying up all night praying in front of the altar for my dad who is sailing out in the sea in the middle of a very strong typhoon then (ruping). The sound of the heavy rain outside and the howling wind added to our fear. I didnt know if the rising sun was a blessing or a curse, Because it was the moment of truth that we had to face, whether or not my dad survived. Thanks to God, my dad survived. Oh how i remember the worry in my mom's face, the deep faith in God that He will guide my dad.And my own picture of the sea with my dad on that picture..My fear, that i cant voice out, i cant even cry for i have to be strong for both my mom and me.. That memory.. Even up to now, when i am asked to explain what fear is-- i draw my emotion from that memory. I have an idea of the ordeal that they are all going through. But i can not truly understand the depth of what they are feeling. Their loss and their grief. All i can do is pray for all the survivors and those that are lost.. and for their families who are left behind......

God Almighty,

The ever loving and merciful creator. The maker of all things. The beginning and the end of everything.You are our strength and our salvation.

Our society is facing a tragedy that cost a lot of lives. We pray to you, oh Lord, to guide us during this trying times and give us strength that we may be able to bear this kind of loss. We pray for those families who are left behind . Give them strength Lord to be able to accept this painful reality. For the survivors, guide them and give them strength physically and emotionally . Scars may heal and time may pass but the memory of this will last..

I pray Lord that we may all be united in this time of grief and sorrow. Help us help each other in this time and may we be able to pass this trial and face the days ahead of us.

This we ask through Christ our Lord..

Amen

No comments: