Tuesday, July 22, 2008

...a not-so childish wish..

I live in the Philippines, to make it sound more beautiful, the Pearl of the Orient Sea.

FACT: We only have two seasons here.The DRY season... first half. around summer time.
Next is, WET season, the other half of the year..lots of rains, typhoons, and storms. Usually continues on until Christmas time, until a little after new year.


Okay, done with facts. Im not going to talk about our geography here.So much more, not about the politics in our country.no.
At present, we are still in the middle part of July.. I want to fast-forward this to 5 months from now, that will be December..

hmm..Christmas.. that seaon of sharing and loving.Christmas cards full of pictures with white snow.

snow? what snow?

Reality is, it wont snow here in the Philippines..It might fog up in some areas.but for sure, no snow for us here.

I used to pray for snow to fall in our country..ohh, that was one of my wishes.
It might sound ludicrous now ,but it wasnt then. it was my serious wish.
Wouldn't it be nice to let us, feel what snow is..?
go playing in the snow.and making those snowman..


Even now, i still wish for it, though with less intense, but i still wish for it..
well, why not?! It does sound IMpossible after all..
It may not come true, but , it is something so hopeful..oh yes, it is!


I think that is what is stopping me from becoming an Uncle Scrooge.I may have been slighted by love, but i have not lost hope.

faith..hope..love.. they go together..the greatest of which is love..

I maybe asking for near impossible things, but still, im asking for it.I still believe that there is a Santa out there who grants wishes..


i wish..
for snow to fall,
to catch falling stars,
swim with the mermaids,
for the time to be right,
for him to find his way back,
for tears to become diamond,
for love to last..

It's still gonna be along way to Christmas..
a longer time for me...
who knows, it just might snow this Christmas....

No comments: